My Headphones #1

Sooooo I know that I have been away for far to long but the truth is nothing really happened. Well, things did happen but I just didn't know how to put them in words. I know that this is a lame excuse but sometimes you just have to regroup and let things fall in their places. The truth is, I was happy. I am happy. Extremely. And when you are content, you have nothing to rant about. Back to the title, I thought of yet another string of posts that I'll be writing. "My Headphones". It's pretty literal. Each month I will tell you ten songs that I have been playing on repeat, I will link the video/lyrics video and write my favourite bit of the lyrics (mostly the chorus, duh.) so that you can get an idea of what it's about. Warning: They could be new releases or from years/months ago. So here goes. 




1. Second Hand Heart - Ben Haenow (Winner of X Factor UK 2014)

"I might think too much, drink too much, stay out too late
I know I'm just a fool, but I swear I can change
I can't steal you the stars
But I can give you this second hand heart
All your friends think I'm hopeless, they don't understand
That this imperfect love can start over again
It's been broken apart but
Will you still take my second hand heart?"


2. FourFiveSeconds - Rihanna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney

"And I know that you're up tonight
Thinkin' how could I be so selfish
But you called bout a thousand times wondering where I been
Now I know that your up tonight
Thinkin' how could I be so reckless
But I just can't apologize, I hope you can understand"



3. Sweater Weather (Cover) - Max and Alyson 

"All I am is a man
I want the world in my hands
I hate the beach  but I stand
In California with my toes in the sand
Use the sleeves of my sweater
Let's have an adventure
Head in the clouds but my gravity's centered
Touch my neck and I'll touch yours
You in those little high-waisted shorts"

If you don't like this version, check out the original by The Neighbourhood



4. Downtown - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

"I'm headed downtown, cruising through the alley
Tip-toeing in the street like Dally
Pulled up, moped to the valley
Whitewalls on the wheels like mayonnaise
Dope, my crew is ill, and all we need is two good wheels"


5. Secret Love Song - Little Mix 

Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that? Cause I'm yours

Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours



6. Timebomb - Tove Lo 

"You took the key out of the ignition
I could hear the rain on the windows
Right then and there I made up my mind to just go with it -
Thinking what's the worst thing that could happen?
When the worst thing that could happen, could be the best thing ever"




7. THE ENTIRE NEW ONE DIRECTION ALBUM A.K.A. Made in the A.M. Especially... 

Perfect - One Direction
"And if you like midnight driving with the windows down
And if you like going places we can’t even pronounce
If you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about
Baby, you're perfect"



8. (Obviously.) Hello - Adele 

"Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There's such a difference between us
And a million miles"


9. Photograph - Ed Sheeran

"When I'm away
I will remember how you kissed me
Under the lamppost
Back on 6th street
Hearing you whisper through the phone,
'Wait for me to come home.'"



10. God Only Knows (Cover) - Lousia Johnson (X Factor 2015) 

"If you should ever leave me
Though life would still go on believe me
The world could show nothing to me
So what good would living do me

God only knows what I'd be without you"


So that's it for today! I hope you like this concept because I'm loving it! 
Till next time, this is me, signing off! xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up What's New

Spoken Word

List #8 (Levels Of Friendship)